Thursday, October 16, 2008

Magic Smores bar

I know, I know another dessert, but these looked good... I swear it's not all I eat.







magic s’mores bars

10 ounces (300g) graham crackers (18 whole crackers, or two cellophane wrapped stacks)
1 stick (8 tablespoons or 110g) unsalted butter, melted
1 pinch of kosher salt
1 14 ounce can (400g) sweetened condensed milk
1 1/2 cups (250g) semisweet chocolate chips
2 cups (I have no idea how much they weigh—just throw a couple of handfuls on!) mini marshmallows

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees (180 degrees Celsius). In a large resealable bag (or in a food processor), smash graham crackers until finely ground. Stir in melted butter and salt. Press into a 13×9″ pan.
2. Drizzle can of condensed milk over graham crackers. Sprinkle on chocolate chips; follow with marshmallows.
3. Bake for 30-35 minutes until marshmallows a lightly browned.

(You can also replace the marshmallow with some coconut if you don't want it as sweet)

3 comments:

Andrea said...

These look so yummy! I love s'mores!

kenders said...

Where'd you find the recipe? :)

kenders said...

So I made these last week and I was pretty disappointed. It could just be us though. I didn't hear the timer go off, so I think they were in there for a minute or two too long. Also, I used big marshmallows cuz that's what we had and milk chocolate chips. It was way too sweet!! Joseph wouldn't even try them twice. And I could only handle so many. But maybe cooked properly with coconut would taste good.