Friday, October 19, 2012

Squash Pasta Bake Recipe

Along with the 2 recipes below, I've been eating this meal weekly while on my new diet.
(Visit HERE if you'd like to read about the new diet I've been doing - calorie shifting)

It's really yummy!  A small serving fills you up... I cooked up the whole box and in the last two weeks have had it 8 times (or either lunch or dinner).  I also didn't make it into a bake because I was too hungry at the time of making it and kept it as a pasta... just stirring the cheese and everything together (I also used less sauce... just enough to coat).

Here is where I got the recipe
http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Squash-Pasta-Bake


  • Prep/Total Time: 25 min.
  • Yield: 2 Servings
0 5 25

Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup chopped yellow summer squash
  • 1/2 cup chopped zucchini
  • 1 teaspoon olive oil
  • 1 cup cooked small pasta shells or small tube pasta
  • 1 cup spaghetti sauce
  • 3 tablespoons shredded mozzarella cheese

Directions

  • In a skillet, saute squash in oil for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Stir in pasta and spaghetti sauce; heat through. Transfer to a greased 3-cup baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 5-10 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts 1 serving (1 cup) equals 241 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 661 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 8 g protein.

No comments: