Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Ooooh... we got it! ♪♫ Hot Chocolate!

So I haven't tried these yet, but I used the handy dandy tool I added to the right side to find these recipes. 
I figured, what could be cooler than some warm HOT CHOCOLATE?!


These are homemade hot chocolate recipes... how cool is that?! 
I've never thought of that before.  If you try it before I do, let me know if it tastes good.



Recipe #1:  Hot Chocolate

Ingredients
*1/2 lb powdered milk
*1 lb powdered sugar
*1/4 lb coffee creamer
*2 ounces unsweetened baking cocoa

Directions
1.  Place all ingredients into large mixing bowl and mix thoroughly.
2.  Then place in sealed containers, ziploc bags etc.
3.  Place 1/3 cup into a mug and fill with hot water
4.  Enjoy!
This makes 21 servings

Recipe #2:  Hot Chocolate

Ingredients
*1/2 cup granulated sugar
*1/3 cup hot water
*1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
*4 cups milk
*1/8 teaspoon salt
*3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
*Mini marshmallows or Peeps

(Ok, side note - Who still has peeps?  Are there Christmas peeps... I don't even know??)


Directions
1.  Mix cocoa, sugar, water, and salt in saucepan.
2.  Over medium heat stir constantly until mixture boils. Cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
3.  Stir in the milk and heat, but do not boil.
4.  Remove from heat and add vanilla; blend well.
5.  Serve immediately, topped with marshmallows or Peeps, whipped cream or a spoonful scoop of vanilla ice cream

No comments: