Saturday, September 27, 2008

Twice Baked Potatoes

I've had these once or twice, but this was the first time I've made them. They are sooo good and worth the cooking time!


INGREDIENTS:
4 large baking potatoes (I used 6 small potatoes)
1/4 cup milk
salt to taste (I also used pepper)
1/2 T butter
1 1/4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
*Next time I'll put in bacon and green onions!


DIRECTIONS:

1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2) Clean & scrub potatoes. Pierce skin with a fork twice.

3) Bake at 350 for about 1 hour or until the potatoes are soft & firm.

4) Let potatoes cool slightly. Cut potatoes in half and scoop out pulp within 1/4 inch of the shell edge. Mash the pulp with milk, salt, some cheese and butter to taste.


5) Stuff shells with mashed pulp mixture and sprinkle tops with grated cheese. Place potatoes on baking sheet and bake at 350 for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.


Recipe found on allrecipes.com Submitted by Sally Oh.


I've used allrecipes before, but I was always frustrated because it gave you so many recipes. This time I used the ingredient list for potatoes, butter, and milk and I found this recipe! So delicious! :)

6 comments:

Emily said...

So, so good!! I've had a recipe similar to this (there was sour cream in the mixture too) that I make wquite often. I could seriously eat these all day, everyday if it didn't make me look like the stay puft marshmallow man.

kenders said...

Lol. :) Do you like it better with sour cream mixed into it? And how much sour cream 1/2 cup or 1 cup?

Emily said...

I do like it better with sour cream, but I think almost everything potato tastes better with sour cream. The recipe I use calls for 6 med-sized potatoes, 1/4 cup butter, 1/2 cup sour cream, salt and pepper, and 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese (no milk). All the instructions are the same (except all the cheese goes into the mixture and none is sprinkled on top)

Emily said...

Well I haven't tried it with the milk instead, so I guess I can't really say I like it better. I just like it.

Unknown said...

Great job on the pictures! They really help!

kenders said...

Thanks! :)